1. NAME AND THE HOMESTEAD OF THE ASSOCIATION
The unofficial name in English is Finnish Association of Sport Psychology. Homestead of the association is Helsinki.
2. PURPOSE AND MEANS
- expedite the sport psychology knowledge with the field and consolidate individual working in the field
- develop and support amenities that offer sport psychology consultation services for athletes, physically active individuals, coaches, instructors and others who are interested
- maintain and develop connections to similar international association for cooperation
- cooperate with other national and international organizations acting in improvement of sports and physical activity
- operate on diverging sport psychology research, knowledge and proficiency
Means towards the purpose
- instantiate training programs and publications
- organize events to increase coordination in the fields of sport and physical activity
- retrace sport psychology research and inform and publish findings
- collaborate with European Federation of Sport Psychology (FEPSAC) and other national and international association working in the field of sport and physical activity
- organize sport psychology seminars and conferences
Full membership can be applied by personal application
Full member can be accepted by the board if the applicant has
- master’s or higher degree in humanistic sciences
- advanced knowledge in sport psychology or mental coaching accredited by Finnish Psychology Association’s or other comparable association’s certificate
Honorary membership can be nominated by the board proposal suggestion for one, who has significantly promoted the functionality of the association. Honorary membership is lifelong.
Honorary chairman can be nominated by the board proposal suggestion for one, who has been a commendable chairman of the association long-termly. Honorably chairman merit is lifelong.
Supporter membership can be accepted by the board, if the applicant is willing to support and promote the purpose of the association. Supporter member has a right to speak, but no to vote in the board meetings.
These changes to the rules does not violate the rights of the members
4. MEMBERSHIP DETERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
Member can determinate one’s membership by written notice to the board or verbally at the board meeting. Determination of the membership is immediate, but the member is obligated to pay the membership fees till the end of the year.
The board can suspend a member, if
- one neglects the membership fees
- one acts again the aims of the association
Before the suspension, member can advocate one’s case, unless the reason for the suspension is neglecting the membership fees.
Suspended members have no right to recollect paid membership fees
5. JOINING AND MEMBERSHIP FEES
The amount of yearly joining and membership fees for members and support members are decided in annual board meeting. Honorary members and honorary chairman do not need to pay fees.
6. THE BOARD
The board is tasked to handle all relevant manners within the association. The board consists of the chairman and nine other full members. The term for the board is decided to be the time between annual board meetings. The board chooses vice chairman within the board. Secretary, treasurer and other needed officials either within or outside the board. The board meetings are hold by from the invitation of the chairman or vice chairman, if needed or suggested by at least half of the board members. The board I competent to decision making when at least half of the board and chairman or vice chairman are present at the meeting.
Decision making process is designed to absolute voting. Although, if distributed evenly, chairman’s vote is settling, except in elections, where it is raffled.
7. WRITING THE NAME OF THE ASSOCIATION
The name of the association is written by the chairman, the vice chairman or the secretary.
8. ACCOUNTING PERIOD AND AUDITING
Accounting period of the association is a calendar year. Financial statement with the relevant attachments and annual report must be submitted to the auditor for corrections at least month before the annual meeting. Auditor must give the feedback report back at least two weeks before the annual meeting.
9. ASSOCIATION MEETINGS
One can participate to the associations meeting via mail, telecommunication or using other technically supportive means, before or during the meeting.
The annual meeting of association is hold in variating days throughout February, March or April. Additional meeting can be hold if it is decided by the board or if at least one tents (1/10) of the members demands it written. Meeting must be hold with 30 days of notice or demand.
Each full member has a one vote in meeting voting, given that the membership fee is paid. Also, honorary chairman and other honorary members have a vote. Supporting members have a right to participate to the meetings.
The decisions in the meeting are decided by vote plurality (e.g. over half of the votes). If the voting result is even, the chairman’s vote is decisive. Although, in elections, even voting is decided by raffle.
10. INVITATIONS TO ASSOCIATION MEETINGS
The invitations to association meeting must be give at least 7 days before the meeting, by letter, email or publication in the member magazine.
11. ANNUAL MEETING
The following matters will be dealt in the annual meeting:
- Opening words of the meeting
- Chairman, secretary, two transcript inspectors and two tellers are chosen
- Confirmation about meeting legality and decision-making
- Approval of matter presentation order
- Introduction of financial statement, annual report and auditors report
- Confirmation of financial statement and respective freedom of responsibility for members
- Confirmation of annual report and estimation for next year’s financials (member fees)
- Chairman election for the following two years, if one’s two-year period is ending
- Election of other board members in end of their tow-year period
- Election of one or two transcript inspectors and one or two tellers
- Dealing with other matters mentioned in the meeting invitation
The chairman of the board is elected for two-year period. Members of the board are elected for two-year period in a way that every year, four or five members are varied.
If a member of the association wishes a matter to be dealt in the meeting, it must be submitted in written format for the board some time before the meeting period, so it can be included to the meeting invitation.
12. RULE CHANGES AND DECONSTRUCTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
Changes for the rules can be decided in the annual meeting by three fourths (3/4) vote plurality. Rule changes or deconstruction of the association must be mentioned in the meeting invitation.
In the case of association deconstruction, the distribution of association funds will be decided in the meeting of deconstruction.